Formulaire de recherche
Veuillez accepter les cookies pour afficher ce contenu.
Innovation at the heart of the construction of the new Marseille
The MED’INNOVANT competition is organised by the urban and economic development agency Euroméditerranée, the largest city-centre urban renewal and economic development operation in Southern Europe.
For 25 years, Euroméditerranée has been designing, developing and building a comprehensive model for the Mediterranean sustainable city. Spread over 480 hectares in the centre of Marseille, France’s second city, the development programme brings together public services, retail, office space, housing, transport and parking infrastructures, public parks and more to create a new way of ‘living together’. Home to over 5,300 businesses and 45,200 jobs, Euroméditerranée is now France’s third-biggest business district.
Awarded the ‘EcoCité’ label, the regeneration project is a test bed for urban planning where innovative services and technologies can be assessed, developed and deployed in order to simultaneously meet objectives such as connectivity, convenience, quality of life, cost efficiency and environmental performance. To supports its ambitious plans, Euroméditerranée decided to proactively seek out innovative companies and, over 10 years ago, created MED’INNOVANT: an innovation competition designed to help start-ups accelerate their eco-innovation projects that offer solutions in line with the new development and sustainability objectives pursued by Mediterranean regions.
The actors of the Mediterranean sustainable city
Euroméditerranée has developed a comprehensive approach to open innovation that encompasses the following areas:
- Multi-energy smart grids
- Urban digital services
- The natural city and public spaces
- Demonstrator buildings
- Optimisation of the water cycle
- Waste management
- Soil and materials management
- Soft, low-carbon transport
MED’INNOVANT is part of an operational strategy to launch, in the short- to medium-term, pilot and demonstration projects within the Euroméditerranée Eco-City, (a test bed spread over 480 ha in the heart of Marseille, France’s second-biggest city) and more broadly the Aix-Marseille Provence Metropolis. The competition also has the backing of industrial partners that support Euroméditerranée in its pursuit of an open innovation approach and are looking to team up with innovative and creative enterprises!
Innovators: invent solutions for our rapidly changing world!
Tackle one of five challenges to win a year’s sponsorship by one of the competition partners!
The list of 2022 challenges is as follows:
Challenge #1: Create solutions to promote circular economy in urban planing and development
Topic: Construction and materials
Sponsor: Saint-Gobain Distribution Bâtiment France
Challenge #2: Develop solutions that promotes decentralized management and the reuse of water in the city at the scale of an eco-district or a building, within the sustainable mediterranean city context
Topic: Water in the city
Sponsor: EIFFAGE & Saint-Gobain Distribution Bâtiment France
Challenge #3: Determine cooling and refreshing needs of an already existing building as part of a future connection to an urban cooling network
Topic: Energy needs
Challenge #4: Provide solutions to better control costs at the scale of a building or a block
Topic: Sustainable building
Challenge #5: Set-up conditions for a relocation of the industry at the local urban scale and organize its connectedness
Topic: The manufacturing city
Sponsor: ICI MARSEILLE
For more information :
What are the benefits for the winners?
|High-value packages offering a year of assistance combining a CASH INJECTION and BUSINESS SUPPORT to build concrete foundations for your business, make targeted connections and DRIVE YOUR PROMOTION!|
FINANCIAL BOOST: €50,000 split between the winners of the 5 Challenges 5 "JURY AWARDS’"
REGIONAL ACCESS PASS:
- A laboratory for testing and demonstrating the innovative solution: the Euroméditerranée Eco-City*
- A personal tour of the Euroméditerranée catchment area with a representative of the urban development agency to access the potential scope of application for the award-winning innovation;
- A two-hour work session with the Business Development Director and the Innovation Manager of Euroméditerranée to define the ways in which the award-winning solution will be implemented in the Euroméditerranée Eco-City
- A two-hour meeting with the key sponsor of the challenge accepted (monitoring of the award-winning solution at an ad hoc steering committee, etc.)
- Free soft landing for three months at the accelerator P.Factory
- Legal support from FIDAL law firm: a two-hour training session covering intellectual property and information technology law, contract law, company law and property law
- Three months’ access to the ICI Marseille collaboration factory and its “Helping Hand” support programme for the winner of Challenge #5 (one month for the winners of the four other challenges)
- Targeted introductions with the competition partners and associated organisations (incubators, accelerators, competitiveness clusters, etc.)
- Integration with EMUL (Euroméditerranée Metropolitan Urban Lab), a network of industrial partners working to develop innovative solutions on the themes linked to the resilient and sustainable Mediterranean city
- Free one-year membership to La Cité des Entrepreneurs d’Euroméditerranée (association co-financed by Euroméditerranée and the CCIMP, which organises and networks over 250 business entrepreneurs who wish to be associated with the economic dynamic driven by Euroméditerranée.)
* 480 hectares within the 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 14th and 15th arrondissements of Marseille.
- 5-minute pitch delivered to an audience during the 2022 Challenges - Jury Awards. Ceremony taking place on November 22nd at La Coque in Marseille
- Communication: press, social media, website
- Broadcast on Euroméditerranée's communication channels of a video interview of the winner presenting his innovative solution