Formulaire de recherche
Smartseille demonstrator neighbourhood
A Mediterranean Ecocity laboratory
Smartseille was the first development project sponsored by Euroméditerranée and carried out by Eiffage on extension of the operation of national interest. This 58,000 m2 demonstrator neighbourhood is the fruit of 7 years of forward-planning on the Mediterranean Ecocity in partnership with Eiffage’s R&D laboratory Phosphore®. Located in the north of Marseilles near the seafront, an experimental sustainable housing model is spread out over 2.7 hectares, and it is believed to be reproducible to the scale of the ONI.
Smartseille in figures:
Make a note | Smartseille, is...
- A laboratory of French know-how in terms of sustainable urban development.
- Bioclimatic architecture using low carbon concrete and biosourced construction materials.
- Modular housing, shared studios and intergenerational residences.
- Local services: electric car sharing, shared car parking, concierge services.
- Digital services: optic fibre only wifi and internet network, free wifi in public areas, an e-services platform for residents.
- Protected Mediterranean biodiversity: retaining green roof, urban agriculture, collective gardens.
- A heating and cooling system for buildings that is sustainable and economical: the sea water loop.