- Opération Construction
- Maitrise d'ouvrage Bouches-du-Rhône Departmental Council
- Maitrise d'oeuvre Vezzoni - Adm & Hydrap
- Surface 23140 m²
- Livraison 2006
- Owner Bouches-du-Rhône Departmental Council
Island 4c - Departmental records
The Bouches-du-Rhône Departmental Council has brought together the departmental records and the library in a single building at the heart of the Euroméditerranée area, there where the old Moulins de la Villette used to be.
The architectural project is based on the symbolic theme of records. An opaque, central zone will contain shops. This zone, a sort of memory container is surround by a thick gangue containing the offices and reading rooms.
These two establishments, voluntarily houses in the unique cultural centre, off the public:
- A place where they can view the department’s written, preserved heritage
- Borrow books and audiovisual documents
- A 200 m2 exhibition room
- A welcome, orientation and documentation centre for amateur live performance activities.
A reading garden open to the public (island 4B) is also available to the neighbourhood residents.